BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha OS Version 10.0.9.1103 now available
Developers with a BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha device can now download and install a new software update. The latest update brings the Dev Alpha A and B devices to BlackBerry OS Version 10.0.9.1103 and includes several nice additions.
You can grab the latest BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha update by swiping down from the top while on the home screen – Launch the ‘settings’, select ‘Software Updates’ and finally, push ‘Check for Updates’. As long as your Dev Alpha has a data connection, you should be prompted to download the latest version. Also, you still have the option to install this with Desktop Manager if for some reason you’re not a fan of over-the-air updates.
Here is a list of whats new in this release:
- BlackBerry App World storefront has been re-branded as BlackBerry World
- BlackBerry World now supports payments for apps and games, and in-app payments
- BlackBerry Hub placeholder is now available
- When you turn on Development mode on the device, a notification is sent to the Hub and an indicator light flashes
- Various updates have been made to the look and feel of UI components and the standard size for application icons. For more information, see the UI guidelines
For the complete BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Device release notes, including known issues, head on over to the BlackBerry Developer website.