Verizon announces the Dual-Interface packing, Pantech Marauder Smartphone
Verizon Wireless has announced the Pantech Marauder, a new smartphone that was designed with first time users in mind. This smartphone features a slide-out QWERTY keyboard and a innovative dual-interface option that is meant to make the move from feature phone to smartphone easier for customers.
The Pantech Marauder offers a Starter and a Standard Mode. While in the Starter Mode, customers will be presented with a simplified and more intuitive user interface. This mode limits the phone to four easy-to-learn home screens that feature preset widgets and a re-arranged lock screen. Standard Mode is a general smartphone setting for users that are familiar with the traditional Android experience and UI. It includes the standard, array of fully customizable home screens and features one would expect from a Android smartphone. A nice bonus of this dual-interface feature is that settings are maintained when switching between modes. This will allow customers to try out the other mode without having to worry about losing information.
The Pantech Marauder includes fairly standard, entry level hardware. There is a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB worth of RAM, a 5-megapixel camera, microSD card slot, and Verizon 4G LTE with the ability to create a mobile hotspot for up to 10 devices.
The Pantech Marauder will be available online starting Aug. 2 for $49.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year contract. Read on past the break for Verizon’s full press release.
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. – Verizon Wireless and Pantech today announced the 4G LTE-powered Pantech Marauder™ is coming exclusively to America’s largest 4G LTE network starting Aug. 2. The Pantech Marauder provides first-time smartphone customers with a dual-interface option, allowing customers to fit the device to their lifestyles or specific needs.
Brought to market by Personal Communications Devices, LLC (PCD), the Pantech Marauder offers customers the option to choose between Starter Mode and Standard Mode. Starter Mode is a simplified and more intuitive experience that is perfect for those who are new to the smartphone world. This option eases first-time customers into the smartphone experience with the help of four easy-to-learn home screens featuring preset widgets and an uncluttered, easy-to-use lock screen. Starter Mode also features a quick dialer icon that allows customers to make phone calls directly from the home screen. Standard Mode is a general smartphone setting for those who are familiar with the Android™ experience. It offers up to seven fully customizable home screens and a customizable lock screen with quick access to frequently used applications. All settings are maintained when switching between modes so customers do not have to worry about losing information.
The Pantech Marauder features a virtual keyboard as well as a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, making it the perfect choice for messaging aficionados and for those who want an excellent messaging experience. With the 5-megapixel camera, customers can take pictures, capture high-definition video, and easily share them as well as video chat with family and friends, using the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
- Notification Curtain that displays quick on/off settings, phone settings, connectivity and sync, social media and email
- On device help section provides guided tours for first-time smartphone customers to help learn the tips and tricks of their new device
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM
- Support for Google™ Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google+, Google Search™ and Google Maps™, as well as access to the Google Play Store
- Mobile Hotspot capable to share 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Share media with friends and colleagues wirelessly to DLNA®-enabled devices
- Bluetooth® Version 3.0 Support Profiles: headset, hands-free, object push, advanced audio distribution (stereo), audio/video remote control, file transfer and phone book access
- Daily Life Assistants such as clock, calendar and weather
- Easy access email that is compatible with Microsoft® Exchange, Yahoo! ® Mail, Windows Live®, AOL®, Gmail
- microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB
The Pantech Marauder will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com starting Aug. 2 for $49.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted. New customers that purchase a Pantech Marauder smartphone will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Share Everything plan. Customers can purchase unlimited talk and text messaging with 1 GB of data for $90 monthly access. Customers can visit www.verizonwireless.com/shareeverything for additional information on data plans.