Verizon begins rolling out 4.0.4 OTA update for Galaxy Nexus
Verizon Wireless has started rolling out a OTA update for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Today’s update brings the Galaxy Nexus up to 4.0.4 (Build IMM76K) and is the first official update for the Nexus since the device launched on December 15th of last year.
Be patient If the update hasn’t shown up on your Galaxy Nexus yet, it is being released in phases and should make its way to your device soon.
Here is a list of the changes found in software version IMM76K:
Email, Messaging & Data
- Email messages will display properly when the text size is set to large.
- When sending a multimedia message to an Outlook email address, the file extension
- will send, allowing the recipient to successfully open an image.
- Successfully deleted emails on the device will be deleted from the desktop as well.
- Successfully send text messages without experiencing network connectivity issues.
- When viewing a Calendar reminder or appointment, you will now be able to view the full notes associated with the appointment.
- A down arrow has been added in the Calendar application that will expand the calendar message body, allowing you to view the entire message.
- Successfully turn on Wi-Fi using the Power Control widget.
- Updates have been made to prevent the display from freezing or becoming unresponsive.
- Complete calls without experiencing choppy audio, clicking noises and one-way audio noises.
- Successfully access Voicemail and other automated systems without error.