Verizon’s HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE gets July 5th release date
Verizon Wireless first announced the HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE back in May during this year’s CTIA Wireless convention. At that time there wasn’t a firm release date, but now we know that the wait is almost over.
Verizon will begin offering the HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE on July 5th. The price is set at $149.99 with a new two year agreement and this price is after a mail in rebate.
The HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE will run Google’s Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) operating system and features the latest version of HTC’s Sense user interface. Other features include a 4 inch super LCD display with 960×540 “qHD” resolution, a 1.2GHz Snapdragon S4 dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, Beats Audio, a 8 Mega pixel rear camera and a front facing camera for video chat. For storage the Droid Incredible 4G LTE packs 8GB of on board memory and includes a MicroSD card slot that will accept up to 32GB worth of extra storage.
We will have a full review of the HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE soon, but for now, read on for Verizon’s press release.
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – Announced earlier this year at the International CTIA WIRELESS® 2012 show, the DROID INCREDIBLE 4G LTE by HTC, will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com starting July 5.
Customers who rely heavily on their mobile devices will find everything they need in the DROID INCREDIBLE 4G LTE by HTC. Running the latest version HTC Sense™ 4, HTC’s branded user experience, integrated with Google’s™ mobile operating system, Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, customers can take advantage of an enhanced mobile experience and enjoy the latest Android features, as well as the power of 4G LTE speeds.
Every aspiring shutterbug will have something to smile about when they experience the advanced 8-megapixel camera with quick activation from the home screen so customers never miss that perfect shot. Additionally, HTC Video Pic allows customers to simultaneously shoot HD quality video and take pictures at the same time. Uploading photos or videos onto social networking sites or sharing through e-mail takes only seconds with 4G LTE speeds.
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network is available in 304 markets across the Unites States. In real-world, fully loaded network environments, 4G LTE customers should experience average data rates of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) on the downlink and 2 to 5 Mbps on the uplink. When customers travel outside of 4G LTE coverage areas, devices automatically connect to Verizon Wireless’ 3G network, where available, allowing customers to stay connected from coast to coast.
- Authentic Sound: Customers will benefit from Beats Audio™, an enhanced auto tuning technology that allows users to hear music the way the artist intended. Beats Audio is incorporated across the entire experience for richer, more authentic sound and whether watching a video or playing a game, customers are sure to be impressed with the sound quality.
- Read Later: Active readers who are constantly on-the-go can use the Read Later feature to save online content, such as news articles and website pages, to view later, even when they are offline.
- Android Beam™: Sharing YouTube videos, Google Maps locations and more with others is faster and easier than ever with Android Beam. Android Beam is as simple as tapping two compatible phones together for users to instantly share information.
- 4-inch super LCD qHD display
- 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with autofocus, LED flash, BSI, f/2.2 and 28 mm lens
- Front-facing camera for video chatting with friends and family
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor
- Mobile Hotspot-capable to share a 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Support for up to 32 GB microSD™ memory card
Price and availability:
- The DROID INCREDIBLE 4G LTE by HTC will be available beginning July 5 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for 149.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services at a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com